Review for Part I
These are the individual topics covered in Part I of the Photosynthesis Study Guide
1.Why do O2 evolution curves display lag periods?
(For biology majors) 1b. What is a metabolic pool?
(For biology majors) 1c. How would an O2 evolution curve appear if the light-dependent reactions were "uncoupled" from the light-independent reactions?
(For biology majors) 2. Why are molar units preferential to % when expressing photosynthesis rates?
3. What are the steps in calculating the photosynthetic rate?
Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, Step 4
4. Which process limits the rate of photosynthesis at low light levels?
5. What do the terms 'reactant' and 'product' mean?
6. What happens at the light saturation point?
6b. How might elevated CO2 concentration affect the light saturation curve of a plant?
7. Why doesn't the light response curve pass through the origin?
7b. Which value obtained from a light response curve could be used as a measure of O2 uptake in the leaf?
7c. How might the photosynthesis apparatus be used to measure cellular respiration directly?
7d. How would an oxygen uptake curve appear for a leaf held in complete darkness?
8. Which leaf has the highest photosynthetic efficiency?
9. A brief review of photorespiration.
Start Page | Review I | Review II | Questions | Biology Home Page
Copyright (C) 1998, Steven R. Spilatro, email@example.com. All rights reserved