Students at Marietta College are involved in a large number of
projects, ranging from class assignments to independent study,
to senior research projects. Some are conducted independently (with the
supervision of a faculty member); others are part of ongoing faculty research. The web pages listed below describe
a few of these projects.
Faculty Research Includes:
- Dr. Peter Hogan: Animal Behavior, Anatomy.
- Dr. Dave McShaffrey: Odonata distribution and flight, Feeding
behavior of aquatic insects, box turtle conservation.
- Dr. Steve Spilatro: Plant lectins.
- Dr. Almuth Tschunko: Desert plants, biotechnology.
- Ms. Tanya Troutner-Jarrell: Biology of the mussel Corbicula.