Tentative Presidential Search Plan and Timeline
The Association of Governing Boards or AGB was hired to assist the school with Dr. Jamie Ferrare being the principal consultant.
- AGB Search completed the institutional profile and received board approval
- Advertisement and Institutional profile posted on Marietta and AGB Search websites
- Advertising posted by AGB in national publications
- Call for nominations and direct recruiting initiated
- Applications accepted and posted on search website
- The committee will meet in person and will narrow the applicant pool to 8-12 applicants for further consideration.
- Committee will interview the short listed candidates in mid-October. Based on these interviews and reference checks, the committee will narrow the field of finalists to no more than 3 candidates who will then be interviewed by the full board.
- Campus visits hosted
- Full Board conducts its own due diligence and interviews finalists.
- Full Board votes on the presidential candidates and selects one.
- Board chair initiates discussions with finalist on contract terms (This could fall into January depending on progress)
- Transition team organized and charged
- Transition plan approved
- Negotiations with candidate of choice initiated
- Successful negotiations concluded
- Candidate formally introduced to community
- Public Relations plan initiated
- President-elect begins transition phase of process