Specific Resources For Students With Disabilities
The Career Center focuses mainly on Web Resources for students, though if you prefer print material we recommend the following.
- Career Success for People with Physical Disabilities, by Sharon F. Kissane
- Computer and Web Resources for People with Disabilities, by The Alliance for Technology Access
- Job Search Handbook for People with Disabilities, by Dr. Daniel J. Ryan
- Job Strategies for People with Disabilities, by Melanie Astaire Witt and Joyce Lain Kennedy
- Keys to the Workplace: Skills and Support for People with Disabilities, by Michael J. Callahan and J. Bradley Garner
- Learning a Living, by Dale S. Brown
- American Association of People with Disabilities
AAPD offers links to sites with information on finding jobs, career strategies, and networking.
A free service of the Office of Disability Employment Policy, JanWeb is an international consulting service for people with disabilities. This is not a job-placement center, but rather an organization that offers career advice.
- National Arts and Disability Center
National Arts and Disability Center offers great networking opportunities world-wide!
- Resources for the Disabled
Skidmore College provides links to job listings, career guides, and other resources.
USAToday provides links to services, career resources, networks, and job-sites for people with disabilities.
WeMedia guides to careers, education, money, and daily news. Click on "Careers."
Jist.com offers links to career strategies, resources, job-search engines, and resources for financial planning and healthy life-style for people with disabilities.
- University of Southern Mississippi Disabilities Resources
USM Disabilities Resources provides links to resources, career tips, employment opportunities, publications, and job-search engines.
- Employment Resources for People with Disabilities
Provides employment information and job vacancies worldwide for people with disabilities. There is also information on companies that are currently hiring.
- Hiring Students with Disabilities
A guide for employers hiring students with disabilities.
- Diability Resources
- Disclosing Disabilities
Northwestern University's Career Services tackles the issue "Deciding When, If, or How to Disclose Your Disability."