Welcome to the Marietta College Career Center
The Career Center at Marietta College is staffed by professionals who prepare students for successful futures by providing career advising; access to experiential education; state-of-the-art job search and graduate school resources and programs; and the necessary tools to transition from Marietta College to the World of Work.
Check out our 2015 Career Outcomes!
Check out our 2014 Career Outcomes!
Career Center PSA: Hilles Hughes
Students are encouraged to visit the Center for individual advising, and they can also take advantage of the variety of career workshops and events offered throughout the year such as: "Wine, Dine & How To Act Fine" (an etiquette workshop) and "Preparing for Graduate School" – just to name a few.
The Career Center is also involved in a variety of career fairs throughout the year including the Teacher Recruitment Consortium, the Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges’ CareerFEST and the Muskingum & Marietta College Interview Day. In addition to these recruitment and networking events, the Center maintains a database of employment and internship opportunities which students and alumni can access free of charge 24/7 through College Central. Through résumé referrals, alumni mentoring, company info-sessions and campus interviews, the Career Center facilitates connections to employers throughout the region and beyond.
Important Campus Recruiting Information for Petro, Geo and Land Management Students
As a Marietta College student majoring in Petroleum Engineering, Land Management or Geology, you have a unique opportunity to work directly with the Career Center. The majority of the campus recruiting occurs in the fall. Please follow the steps below so you can take advantage of the Marietta College recruiting program.
Should you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Cindy Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 740-376-4645.
You MUST register in COLLEGE CENTRAL NETWORK (CCN) - www.collegecentral.com/marietta
- Please click the STUDENTS icon
- Please click REGISTER NOW
- Register using your student identification number as your access id and a password that you will remember
- Update your profile – please use your college address (including box number) as the current address, your home address as permanent address, cell phone, Marietta issued email address, class year in which you will graduate from MC, Major, and Bachelor’s Degree. You will NOT have a GPA until 2nd semester! DO NOT post your high school GPA!
- If you are a transfer student, you will NOT post your GPA until after your first semester at Marietta College.
- Your profile is of utmost importance! Please take special care to fully and accurately complete. An incorrect profile will prevent your resume from being submitted for consideration of an interview. Please contact Cindy if you’ve questions or concerns.
You must upload a resume into CCN and then gain approval in order to participate in campus recruiting. Note: you will receive an email once your resume has been approved!
HELPFUL HINTS – RESUME:
- Resume should be one page in length
- Include the title of your degree, major (if in the Petroleum Engineering program please add ABET Accredited)
- Add GPA if 3.0 or higher
- Make sure the format is easy to read and presents the most important information first. Check for accuracy of spelling and dates
- For sample resumes, see the Helpful Tutorials located on the website or in CCN.
- PLEASE NOTE! Once your resume has been posted in CCN, the Career Center staff will review it. You will receive feedback via campus mail and/or email. Please check both regularly!
- Once your resume has been approved, you will receive an email stating so. Only then will it be made available to recruiters/employers.
- Interviews begin the week of Labor Day of each year. It is imperative that your approved resume and updated profile be available before August 12th of each year you wish to participate in fall campus recruiting.
- Submitting a resume for an interview DOES NOT guarantee you an interview. Most petroleum companies prescreen resumes. Should you be selected to interview, the Career Center will notify you via email and an interview time will be scheduled. Please know interviews are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. It is YOUR responsibility to contact the Career Center in a timely manner to schedule. Please check your email frequently!
- Career Center policy states failure to show for an interview suspends all interviewing privileges until a letter of explanation is written to the recruiter with a copy of the correspondence given to the Career Center prior to sending.
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact me at the email and/or phone number listed below. We look forward to working with you!
Cindy Rogers – Recruiting Coordinator