Lead faculty: Dr. John Fazio
Marietta's management major is designed specifically to produce managers who possess the skills today's managers
need to enjoy successful, rewarding careers as senior level management practitioners. "Change, flexibility, teamwork,
vision and strategic execution are the dominant issues faced by businesses," says Assistant Professor of Management John Fazio.
Students who graduate from Marietta College with a degree in Management will possess diverse knowledge and skills to
succeed in today's fast-paced business environment including:
- an understanding and application of the roles managers fill;
- knowledge of the history and evolution of management thought;
- identification and application of skills managers use;
- comprehension of strategic management principles;
- knowledge of how organizations achieve competitive advantage;
- the leadership function and its various styles;
- the nature and types of planning conducted by managers;
- comprehension of job design and production planning methods; and
- knowledge of the manner in which organizations are built and staffed.
Marietta College has one of the earliest chapters of the national economics and business honor society, Tau Pi Phi. Each year, several student teams participate in the annual two-day case study competition.
Last updated: 21-October-2015, B&E Department webmaster