Accounting and Public Accounting
Lead faculty: Professor Grace F. Johnson and Professor David Mead
Pictured: accounting seniors present capstone research at All Scholars Day 2015.
What undergraduate major has been in high demand in the last few years? Accounting! The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Job Outlook Survey of 2015 indicated accounting is the second most demanded major of all undergraduate majors. This continues a trend observed by NACE since 2008.
Advantages of a Marietta Accounting or Public Accounting major:
- Two choices of majors - 120-hour Accounting or 150-hour Public Accounting
- Go beyond the mechanics of accounting - consistent with a liberal arts approach to education.
- Examine current professional accounting and business topics in the Accounting Research capstone seminar.
- Interaction with accounting and business professionals.
- Full-time accounting faculty members are CPAs with years of diverse experience.
- Faculty members with experience teaching and doing research overseas.
- Opportunities to conduct research with faculty.
- Typical completion of the 150-hour Public Accounting program in 4 1/2 years.
- Tuition waiver for the last semester of coursework in the 150-hour Public Accounting program.
Last updated: 21-October-2015, B&E Department webmaster