Accounting and Public Accounting
Lead faculty: Professor Grace F. Johnson and Professor David Mead
Pictured: accounting seniors present capstone research the week of April 4, 2016.
What undergraduate major has been in high demand for nearly a decade? Accounting! The National Association of Colleges and Employers
(NACE) Job Outlook Survey of 2016 indicated accounting is the second most demanded major of all undergraduate majors.
This continues a trend observed by NACE since 2008.
Such demand has resulted in a 90% job placement rate (at or within three months of graduation) for Marietta College accounting majors since 2013.
Advantages of a Marietta Accounting or Public Accounting major:
- Two choices of majors - 120-hour Accounting or 150-hour Public Accounting
- Go beyond the mechanics of accounting - consistent with a liberal arts approach to education.
- Examine current professional accounting and business topics in the Accounting Research capstone seminar.
- Interaction with accounting and business professionals.
- Full-time accounting faculty members are CPAs with years of diverse experience.
- Faculty members with experience teaching and doing research overseas.
- Opportunities to conduct research with faculty.
- Typical completion of the 150-hour Public Accounting program in 4 1/2 years.
- Tuition waiver for the last semester of coursework in the 150-hour Public Accounting program.
Last updated: 11-April-2016, B&E Department webmaster