Robert Evans Internship Endowment Award
Denise and Mike Salvino '87 established the Evans Internship in the spring of 2010 through a gift to honor Evans and recognize his substantial contributions to Marietta College and the McDonough Leadership Program. The program awards $5,000 to one qualified rising junior or senior who participates in an approved internship in a for-profit organization, specifically a major national or global organization. The $5,000 can be used for relocation, travel, housing, meals, related equipment purchases and other living expenses. Eligible applicants can be in any undergraduate major with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Robert Evans Internship Endowment Award winners
- 2016 — Lydia Jones '18 (Chagrin Falls, OH), XTO Energy in Warrendale, PA
- 2015 — Eileen Walsh ’16 (Marlton, N.J.), InterPublic Group in New York City
- 2014 — Taylor Hanigosky ’16 (Youngstown, Ohio), National Newspaper in Ghana
- 2013 — Amy Kauffman '14 (Carlisle, Pa), Today Show in New York City
- 2012 — Connor Walters '13 (Bay Village, Ohio), Heinz Corp. in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- 2011 — Alexandra Weissling '12 (Dublin, Ohio), The Hertz Corp. in Park Ridge, N.J.
- 2010 — Lauren Yanko '11 (Akron, Ohio), Boehringer Ingelheim in Kansas City, Mo.
Robert E. and Sally S. Evans Civic Engagement Internship Program
The Evans Civic Engagement Internship Program provides the recipient up to $2,000 for living expenses, plus a $3,000 stipend. Vierheller is the first recipient of the internship, which was established in 2010.
Robert E. and Sally S. Evans Civic Engagement Internship winners
- 2014 — Hollie Young ’17 (Ripley, W.Va.), Betsey Mills Club
- 2013 — Brianna Scott ’15 (Cincinnati, Ohio), Ely Chapman Education Center
- 2012 — Kymberly Lodge ’13 (Lore City, Ohio), EVE
- 2011 — Emma Vierheller '12 (Orrville, Ohio), Campus Martius Museum in Marietta, Ohio