Marietta College's traditional graduation ceremony takes place in May. A commencement speech offers encouragement to the students before they receive their degrees and become members of Marietta College's Long Blue Line.
Marietta also has an informal December Graduation ceremony for students who complete their academic requirements before the spring.
Marietta's 179th Commencement Ceremony will take place at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 1, 2016 in the Dyson Baudo Recreation Center.
Strawberries and CremeRegistration information coming soon
Information for Commencement Orders
Seniors you may order your cap/gown, announcements and other graduation accessories on line by using the Herff Jones website or you can wait until February for a representative from Herff Jones to be in the College Bookstore (Gilman Student Center).
Caps and Gowns should be available for students to pick up in the College Bookstore in April.
Beyond Marietta College
Beyond Marietta College is a program designed for the transition of students to post-college life. For students this is a time when life can be difficult because of the expectations and pressures of different settings in the workplace, graduate and professional schools, and in the personal dimensions of post college life.
Basic needs of Seniors are:
- Opportunities for reflection on the meaning of the college experience.
- Integration and closure.
- Holistic facilitation and support of graduating students’ transition to post-college life.
Beyond Marietta College provides a comprehensive institutional programmatic vehicle for addressing these issues and thus effectively raising campus consciousness to the importance of these issues to a level comparable to the importance of their first years on campus.
Ready for the Real World, Hartel, Schwartz, Blume, Gardner 1994
With this knowledge, a planning team composed of representatives from Dean of Students Office, Campus Involvement, Career Center, Alumni has created programs that aim at assisting seniors:
- Website designed for seniors and their parents, and
- A series of programs for graduating seniors.
These programs promote proper reflection on the meaning of the Marietta College experience, as well as an optimistic view and greater preparedness with which to transition to life after college.
Goals of Beyond Marietta College:
- Provide programs to prepare students for careers/vocations.
- Provide programs to provide opportunities for students to make intellectual connections across course work.
- Provide programs celebrating the achievement of becoming a senior.
- Provide programs that work toward cohesion among the senior class and alumni
- Provide an opportunity for cross-campus collaboration